Wednesday, August 17, 2011

7 Wonders of The World

Hey guys, were you ever asked by anyone to name the 7 wonders of the world? Or did you ever try to name them yourself?

I don't know about you guys but I learnt them while schooling and still was thinking that they were the same until saw a TV anchor talk about 'Machu Picchu' and call it a wonder. That made me question myself if they were the same or a few new have been added. So, I went online and to my shock found that I was wrong...

So, I thought of sharing this with the rest of you. It's well and good if you already knew them but there could be a few like me right!? It's for them.

The '7 Wonders of the World' are:
1. Chichen Itza
2. Christ the Redeemer
3. Great Wall of China
4. Machu Picchu
5. Petra
6. Taj Mahal and
7. Colosseum

Did you know that they started picking these wonders through voting and took 7 years(2000 - 2007) to officially announce them on July 7th 2007. More than 100 million votes were cast through internet and telephone where through internet only one vote was allowed for 7 wonders but through telephone multiple were allowed. In 2014 it announced winners for New7Wonders Cities: Beirut, Doha, Durban, Havana, Kuala Lumpur, La Paz and Vigan.

    Wonder                            Location
1. Taj Mahal                   Agra, Uttar Pradesh, India
2. Giza Necropolis         (honorary title)       Giza, Egypt
3. Petra Al-Batra            Ma'an Governorate, Jordan
4. Colosseum                 Rome, Italy
5. Chichen Itza              Yucatán, Mexico
6. Machu Picchu           Cuzco, Peru
7. Great Wall of China    China

Now, go ahead and ask your friends if they could name them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...